Some results: Next, after the slight disappointment of KAZI's finish I decided to go with Enlighten, because I had seen Sluban in some local shops and I had some faith they had done some research. Not only that, while building I actually got a little bit giddy of the smooth fit of each part onto the next.
They make me think of the LEGO (tm) Architecture series: Nice imaginative constructions using mostly basic parts in a good colour scheme. I was also amazed to find that all the parts fitted onto real LEGO (tm) parts without causing any direct damage or stress.
In fact, if you would give me a bag of 50% LEGO (tm) and 50% These exact parts I doubt if I could easily sort them out without a building manual.
I started out with building the KAZI set, of which I bought two because that meant outrageous discount in a trade-spectacular end of March.
Both boxes contain the same parts and extras, nothing left to chance there. What was fairly obvious when building this set is that there is limited quality control on the molding and printing equipment.
Most parts go easily on and stick decently, but some have slight disfigurements that make them hard to apply. There are no big problems with building and it can be completed in a fairly straight forward manner, but at some points I had to wonder: "Would any kid under 16 have the finger strength to get everything on? I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of it, but on one of the sides the "Police" print was set too far to the left, making it an "olice" helicopter on that side.
The fit to normal LEGO was acceptable, although the alignment is not optimal.
The Enlighten kit really lifted my spirits tonight.
I had planned on giving away all the end products, having someone in mind for this set as well, but I think I really king of want to keep it!
And it certainly does not add to structural integrity.
The colours go more towards the old 1990's standard, the smaller parts the figurines seem to hang more towards the end of the 1980's.
There was a little shaving and cramping on both ends, but visually the elements seemed to match and it wasn't very hard to combine parts in various manners.